two hands birth doula co-op membership
Members of the THBS Co-Op have a wide variety of skills and qualifications not only to serve women and their families but to offer support to our doula sisters in the community. We hope to offer a place for families to access all the support options and resources they need during pregnancy, birth and postpartum and provide networking opportunities for each other.
Through monthly meetings, get your practice out there in front of other doulas, and businesses in the birth community. Learn more about who else is practicing and what they be able to offer your clients.
Opportunities for Leadership
There are plenty of opportunities within THBS for leadership roles – whether as a part of the steering committee, as a mentor, or through enrichment meeting management roles.
Business Listing on THBS Site
Have your profile listed on a site that consistently gets traffic and high ratings in internet searches.
THBS Doula Co-Op offers a mentoring program. This program will give newly trained doulas with no experience the opportunity to learn from more experienced doulas. Opportunities to be a mentor will be made available to members. Mentors are financially compensated.
THBS Doula CO-Op Members meet monthly for enrichment meetings. Topics change each meeting and include both “in-house” meetings and meetings with invited speakers.
Peer Support & Community
Meet and network with other area doulas. Learn from one other, find support, and discuss both business and practice strategies.
- All of the doulas seeking membership must be trained by a major doula training organization (such as DONA, CAPPA, Birth Arts, etc.) and are on the road to certification.
- All applicants must be actively accepting clients.
- We all agree to the professional code of ethics as defined by DONA International.
- We meet every month to discuss the co-op and any other birth work related events and news. It is required for membership to attend at least one meeting each quarter.
- Our annual dues are $40. and ask for a small percentage from each birth you obtained through THBS for advertising, internet expenses and web hosting.
- We also ask that you keep our shared calendar up to date so that clients can be given the most accurate schedule.
- Members in the THBS doula co-op can not be a member of any other co-op, agency, collective or business that would be a conflict of interest to THBS. All doulas are invited to have their own solo practices along side THBS.